Revolution IT is a leading APAC IT consulting and quality assurance solutions provider. Within our business, we specialise in IT governance, program and project management, requirements management, testing services, and training. We are currently seeking a vibrant and passionate Graduate Software Test Engineer to join our Brisbane based team in early 2017.
What’s in it for you?
- Hands-on learning environment with nurturing, highly experienced testing professionals to help shape your career.
- Investment in your learning through regular formal and informal training opportunities.
- Be a part of a successful collaborative team, where lessons are learnt through positive reflection.
- Get access to over 300 consultants nationally that can help you with understanding and excelling in Australian software testing best practice.
- Contribute and participate in industry innovations.
- Get commercial experience in working with a variety of tools, methodologies, technologies etc.
- Work for a variety of clients in and around Brisbane CBD on a multitude of interesting and innovative projects.
- Regular incentives to rewards and promote positive behaviours (eg. trips to Tangalooma Island, Gift Cards, Awards etc).
What’s in it for us?
We are looking for the best and the brightest who can help our business succeed into 2017 and beyond. The successful candidate will bring vibrancy and a fresh perspective to existing teams, therefore make our software testing solutions more holistic.
Essential skills, experiences and values
- 0-3 year’s post-graduation of a bachelor degree in Information Technology, Software Engineering or a related field.
- Strong programming skills or a good understanding of a multitude of commonly used programming languages (eg. C#, Java, Ruby, Cucumber etc).
- A focus on test automation (using Selenium Webdriver or other relevant automation tools).
- Experience in testing web applications (desktop application testing is advantageous).
- Knowledge of software best practice (TDD).
- Passionate about software testing and quality assurance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A quick learner who is adaptable.
- Strong initiative and problem solving skills.
- Curious – we want people who are inquisitive, and have a real hunger to learn.
The specific software testing skills can be taught. What we are looking for is someone who is passionate about technology, newly graduated, and consultative in their approach. We can teach you the rest!
- Manual and automation testing activities;
- Requirements analysis;
- Test case design and execution;
- Test reporting and defect management;
- Create test design and test scripts from specifications to enable system functional, regression and integration testing;
- Testing custom built software;
- Test coordination with effective time management, planning and scheduling skills;
- Effectively communicate (both written and interpersonal) with developers, BA’s, Project Managers, and other stakeholders.
What We Offer
This role will be a permanent full time position. You will receive a competitive salary and high level of support through Revolution IT’s Service Delivery Framework. Furthermore, you will experience accelerated career development through networking events with our experienced consultants, training and development opportunities and access to a multitude of technologies and tools. We also offer a collaborative team culture where management interact regularly with consultants to improve the business and the offerings to its consultants.
To be considered for this role please submit your resume with a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role. You MUST submit both documents to be considered for the role. Applications close on 09 Jan 2017, and will be assessed by the week closing 13 Jan 2017.